Directory of Ireland Ferries
Heres a listing of ferries that can take you into Ireland from France, England and other points in Europe, and ferries within Ireland that either give you the fastest path from one penninsula to another or go out to Irish islands.
Tips On Ferry Travel In And Around Ireland:
- You will often get the cheapest fare if you book online.
- Weekday crossing tickets often cost far less than weekend crossings.
- The Irish Sea gets very stormy in the winter so much so that schedules are often changed or crossings cancelled entirely. If youre going in January, usually the worst month for weather, and you have a tight travel schedule (or a weak stomach), you may want to fly instead.
One good way of saving money by comparing ferry companies is through the website AFerry.co.uk, where you can book a ferry to Ireland from a variety of locations and carriers.
Ferries From Mainland Europe To Ireland
- Irish Ferries – From Roscoff and Cherborbourg, France to Rosslare / Pembroke and Holyhead, England to Rosslare / Holyhead England to Dublin.
- Stena Line – Fleetwoood, England to Larne, Northern Ireland / Fishguard, England to Rosslare / Stranraer, Scotland to Belfast, Northern Ireland / Holyhead, England to Dunblin or D’Laoghaire (near Dublin).
- Brittany Ferries – Roscoff, France to Cork.
- Norfolk Line. – Liverpool to Dublin, Liverpool to Belfast, Northern Ireland.
Ferries Within Ireland And To Irish Islands
- Clare Island Ferry To Clare Island, off County Mayo coast, as well as Inishturk and Achill Islands.
- Passage East From Wexford to Waterford in southest Ireland.
- Shannon Ferries Kilmer to Tarbert; Brief ride on the way out to Loop Head
- Lough Foy Ferry Between Greencastle in County Donegal and Magillan, near Derry.
- Cape Clear Ferry Baltimore, County Clare to Cape Clear Island.
- Tory Island Ferry Magheroarty, County Donegal to Tory Island.
- Arranmore Island Ferry Burtonport, County Donegal to Arranmore Island.
- Valentia Island Ferry Ring of Kerry to Valentia Island.
- Blasket Islands Ferry Day trips leaving from Dún Chaoin, near Dingle.
- Murphys Ferry Castletownbere to Bere Island, soutwest corner of Ireland.
- Skellig Island Boat Trips Day trips from Portmagee.
- Gola Island Ferry Day trips from Gweedore to small, uninhabited island off Donegal.
- Murphy Sea Cruise Also offering day trips to Skellig Islands from Portmagee.
- Bere Island Ferries Short trip to Bere Island from Castletownbere, on Bantry Bay.
- Inishbofin Ferry From Cleggan to Inishbofin Island.