Irish Travel Links
County Tourism Sites for Ireland Travel
A selection of websites to help you plan your next trip to Ireland, chosen by the editors of The Irish Letter
South & West
- Cork & Kerry Tourism: Travel info for Irelands rugged southwest.
- Shannon Region Tourism: Covers areas in Limerick, North Kerry, North Tipperary and South Offaly. Ireland travel info about the Atlantic Coast and Shannon River regions.
- Waterford Tourism: Travel info for Irelands mid-south, including the famous glassworks at Waterford City.
- County Wexford Tourism: The southeast corner of Ireland. Travel info and where to catch numerous ferries to the continent.
- Carlow Tourism: In Irelands sunny southeast.
- Kilkenny Tourism: The capital, Kilkenny City, is a medieval delight, with a world-famous crafts center.
- Wicklow Tourism: Garden county of Ireland, just south of Dublin. Info on Ireland travel, golf, and driving tours.
- Kildare Tourism: GoIreland (privately run) site on genealogy, pubs, historical sites, Ireland travel and accommodations.
- Clare Tourism: Travel information on Irelands popular west coast vacation spot. Also from GoIreland.
- Galway Tourism: GoIreland site on area around Galway city. Includes the Aran Islands.
- Irelands Northwest Tourism: Travel guide to Cavan , Donegal, Leitrim, Monaghan, Sligo
- Leitrim Tourist Board: Travel and accommodation facts for Irelands northwest.
Central & Northeast
- Dublin Tourism: Very complete site about travel to Irelands capital city.
- Meath Tourism: Ireland travel site with good weekly updates on current activities.
- Louth Tourism: Tiny county north of Dublin.
- Cavan Tourism: Ireland travel info for northeastern county with 365 lakes.
Ireland National & Local Tourism Sites
- Discover Northern Ireland: The Northern Ireland Travel Board site.
- Go Ireland: Very extensive site on Ireland travel, golf, car rental and hotel accommodations.
- Beara Tourism: Tourism information on travel to the Beara, in Irelands southwest.
- Burren Alive: Not-for-profit group dedicated to preserving the Burren area.
- The Queenstown Story: Site for emigration museum in Cobh, last port of call for the Titanic.
- Dingle Peninsula: Site in English and Irish on travel to popular area in Irelands southwest.
- Newgrange & Knowth: Passage tombs, site of famous for winter solstice gathering
- Strokestown House & Famine Museum: Manor house and emigration museum in Roscommon
- Irish Farm Holidays: Small selection of Irelands farmhouse accommodations
- B&B Accomodations: Searchable index of family-owned B&Bs
- Caravan & Camping: Travel info on Irelands caravan & camping parks
- Blarney Castle & The Stone: A travel guide to the village & famous kissing stone
- Ireland Hostels: Guide to hostels throughout Ireland
- UK/Ireland Travel Links: About.coms guide to Ireland sites
Ireland Travelogues & Descriptions
- Trip Advisor: First-hand accounts on Ireland travel. Reviews of hotels & vacations. Including some articles from The Irish Letter font>
- Lonely Planet: Travelogues of offbeat locations, written by individuals. Ireland travel stories, as well as other locations world-wide.
- Wilderness Travel: Ireland travel section of a site that focuses on hiking itineraries.
Airline Tickets for Ireland Travel
- Aer Lingus: Offering lower fares for Ireland travel than in the past.
- American Airlines: Only US airline offering non-stop travel to Ireland.
- Ryanair: Irish discount airline (only goes to other European Destinations, Not US
- Travelocity: Shop for the best fares for Ireland travel on all airlines.
- Expedia: Another good place to compare prices on tickets for Ireland travel.